Cancer Fighting Salad
The Biggest, Baddest, Healthiest Salad on the Planet
1 Large Portion (6 Cups)
Lunch or Supper
For Fighting or Prevention…
By: Mélanie Préfontaine-Darius, Communications (from Chris Wark (chrisbeatcancer.com) & NCBI)
To strengthen your body’s ability to fight cancer, you need to eat this salad.
The biggest baddest healthiest salad on the planet!
It consists of raw organic vegetables, sprouts, seeds, nuts and homemade dressing.
This salad is super healthy, delicious and will fill you up without zapping your energy.
You want to put as many vitamins, minerals, nutrients and enzymes into your body as possible and there’s no better way than juicing and eating fresh raw organic fruits and vegetables.
- Start with the most nutrient dense dark leafy greens: Kale and Bok Choy (do not exceed 10 cups per day)
- Broccoli (the best source of sulforaphanewhich promotes liver detoxification, and Indole-3-carbinol (I3C), an anticarcinogenic compound
- Broccoli Sprouts (concentrated sulforaphane & I3C. Do not exceed four cups of sprouts per day)
- Cauliflower (chewing cauliflowerreleases compounds called isothiocyanates (ITCs), which are products of glucosinolates and inhibit cancer. The compounds in cauliflower and other vegetables in the Brassica family can also: Protect cells from DNA damage and produce anti-inflammatory effects)
- Purple cabbage (great source of antioxidants per ounce in the world!)
- Slice of red onion (high levels of quercetin and anthocyanin)
- Leeks (bioactive sulfur compound, allium)
- Artichokes (polyphenolic extracts (AEs) from the edible part of artichoke have been shown to be potential chemopreventive and anticancer dietary compounds. High doses of AEs induce apoptosis a/k/a cell death)
- Red, Yellow, or Green Peppers
- Mushrooms – Bella, Cremini, Shiitake etc. (Mushrooms should be eaten cooked, never raw, to avoid toxins)
- 1/2 an Avocado
- Raw Sunflower seeds (soaked for 4hrs in filtered water with salt and sprout for 24hrs is best)
- Raw Almonds (soaked for 24 hrs in filtered water, salt and 1tsp of apple cider vinegar to sprout is best)
- Sprouted Garbanzo Beans (soak in filtered water with salt, 1tsp of baking soda and 1tsp of apple cider vinegar to reduce the phytates and to awaken the nutrients in the dormant bean)
- Sprouted Mung Beans (soak overnight 8-12hrs in salt and apple cider vinegar and sprout for 2-5 days is best)
- Sprouted Red or Green Lentils (soak overnight 8-12hrs in salt and apple cider vinegar and sprout for 2-3 days is best)
There’s really no secret formula to this salad, but there are some guidelines to follow:
Absolutely no cheese, meat, or store-bought salad dressing.
It’s also a good idea to avoid fruit which can cause some indention when eaten with vegetables. I know it seems weird to exclude fruit. Here’s why:
Fruits and vegetables need different digestive juices, and when eaten together can create excess acid and indigestion. That is why it’s a good idea to eat them separately, especially if you are sick. This includes non-sweet fruits like tomatoes and cucumbers.
It is important that you use organic produce, which is free of toxic chemical fertilizers and pesticides. And of course wash everything before you eat it. Then just chop it all up and throw it in a bowl!
Note: You might need a big bowl. It’s six servings of vegetables! 6-10 servings per day of raw fruits and vegetables (not together) is ideal for cancer prevention and healing.
Then top it off with either one of these naturally fermented foods (natural probiotic!):
If you don’t make it homemade, the Eden brand is made with only three ingredients: cabbage, water and salt. It is fermented and cured with all natural enzymes intact and there is no vinegar added. Look for it in the condiments section of your local health food store.
Kimchi (Pronounced “Kim Chee”)
Kimchi is a spicy Korean version of sauerkraut typically consisting of fermented cabbage, onions, garlic, radish and pepper. Kim Chi has high concentrations of Vitamin C and Carotene in addition to Vitamin A, B1, B2, Calcium, Iron and beneficial lactic acid bacteria.
Recognized as one of the Top Five “World’s Healthiest Foods” by Health magazine. In the refrigerated section of your local health food store, if not made at home.
Fermented foods are great for digestion and repopulate your intestinal flora with beneficial bacteria essential for health and immunity!
Repeat: Absolutely no cheese, meat, fruit, or store-bought salad dressing!
Homemade “Zesty Italian” Salad Dressing
This is hands down the healthiest salad dressing on the planet! It’s super easy and delicious. Here’s how you make it:
- 1 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed flax oil
- Lightly drizzle Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother) to taste (another super healthy fermented food!)
- Then shake on as much of these Four Cancer Fighting Spices as you can stand:
-Organic Garlic Powder
-Organic Turmeric or Curry Powder
-Organic Cayenne Pepper (this will spice it up quick, go easy the first time)