Raw Vegan Cheesecake
By: Mélanie Préfontaine – Darius
Light, fresh and delicate, this raw cheesecake melts in your mouth, is packed with vitamins and minerals, and is ready in no time.
30 min + soaking and chilling
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, full fat
- 2 tbsp organic raw honey or maple syrup for the strict vegans
- 1 cup organic blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup dry pitted dates soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup raw almonds soaked for 24 hours (change the water after 12 hrs)
1. Line a round 6″ pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Make the crust first – place the dry pitted dates and almonds in the food processor and pulse to obtain a sticky mixture.
3. Spread the mixture into the pan and press it to evenly arrange.
4. Drain the cashews and place them in the food processor along with the lemon juice, coconut milk and raw honey or maple syrup. Process to obtain a smooth cream.
5. Pour the cashew mixture in the pan on top of the crust, spread evenly.
6. Place the blueberries (optional – add a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup) in the food processor and pulse to obtain a puree.
7. Top the cheesecake with the puree, cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.
8. For serving, let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes or until it can be cut easily.
About the Author
I no longer have an autoimmune disease and have been cancer free for more than ten years. I attribute much of this restorative success to the body's ability to self-regulate, my positive attitude and commitment to making specific lifestyle changes, being disciplined in the process and continuously learning/studying. I respect and understand that a one size fits all approach to health or medicine is the wrong approach and can leave many harmed. I am currently a student enrolled in a holistic nutrition program and anticipate successfully completing the program and becoming a Certified Holistic Nutritional Consultant (C.H.N.C) in Alberta, soon. In good health, Mélanie.